I have tried to install a software for many times, but I always encounter the message "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: descratch.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again." I've downloaded the descratch.dll zip file I need from internet. Nothing happened. One problem is I'm not sure if I have done the right thing to fix this error. Can anyone offer some help? Thank you so much!
Hi, in fact, It is possible to fix descratch.dll if you have tried the below method.
descratch.dll File Information:
Method One: Fix descratch.dll Error Immediately!Step One: Free Download SmartPCFixer!
Step Two: Run this tool and click "System Fix", then choose "Dll Download".
Step Three: Type your missing descratch.dll files and click "Search", Then download the files and use SmartPCFixer to register it for you.
Method Two: Troubleshoot descratch.dll Error Manually.Step One: Download descratch.dll Files from SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the descratch.dll file is damaged. Restart your computer and see if it works.
Step Three: If the descratch.dll missing error still occurs, I recommend you run a SFC. In most cases, SFC will chect out the missing descratch.dll system files for you, and fix it easily.
At whiles, a newly installed program might be the main reasion of descratch.dll missing error. Note: We highly recommend you to do a clean boot before removing the software from your PC.
How to perform a clean boot in Windows 7 or Vista:
1. You must log on your computer with administrator rights.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the searching box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
3. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
Note This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.