I've tried several times to install a program, what is annoying is that: I come across the error message "This application has failed to start because comcat.dll was not found." I've downloaded the comcat.dll zip file I need from internet. It didn't work! One problem is I'm not sure if I have done the right thing to fix this error. I need professioncal suggestions. Thank you so much!
Hi, in fact, there are several ways for you to troubleshoot comcat.dll errors.
Details about comcat.dll Files:
Method One: Fix comcat.dll with an Effective way!Step One: Download SmartPCFixer and install it on your PC.
Step Two: Double Click SmartPCFixer and click "System Fix", Select "Dll Download".
Step Three: Type your missing comcat.dll files and click "Search", Then download the files and use SmartPCFixer to register it for you.
Method Two: Fix comcat.dll Error by yourself!Step One: Download comcat.dll Files from SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the comcat.dll file is corrupted. Restart your PC and see if the error is fixed
Step Three: If the comcat.dll error still occurs, I recommend you run a SFC. In most cases, System File Checker will chect out the missing comcat.dll system files for you, and troubleshoot it easily.
At whiles, a newly installed program might be the main reasion of comcat.dll missing error. Before you uninstall the software, you had better perform a totally clean for your computer.
Perform a clean boot on your own:
1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
3. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
Note This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.