I have to reinstall a program for my work, however, I always get a pop-up error "This application has failed to start because cdlayer3.dll was not found." Some friends told me to download a new cdlayer3.dll files. Nothing happened. I don't know if I have done the right thing. Can anyone offer some help? Thanks.
Hello, the answer is definitely yes. It is possible to fix cdlayer3.dll if you have tried the below method.
About cdlayer3.dll Files:
Common cdlayer3.dll Problems You May Encounter:
- "Cannot find [PATH]\cdlayer3.dll"
- "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: cdlayer3.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again."
- "The file cdlayer3.dll is missing."
- "cdlayer3.dll Not Found"
- "This application failed to start because cdlayer3.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
Method One: Fix cdlayer3.dll Error with a Useful Software Automatically!Step One: Free Download SmartPCFixer!
Step Two: Run this tool and click "System Fix", then choose "Dll Download".
Step Three: Type your missing cdlayer3.dll files and click "Search", Then download the files and use SmartPCFixer to register it for you.
SmartPCFixer scans the Windows registry and finds incorrect or obsolete information in the registry. By fixing these obsolete information in Windows registry, your system will run faster and error free. The backup/restore function of the tool let you backup your whole Windows Registry so you can use it to restore the registry to the current status in case you encounter some system failure. Besides above, the startup and BHO organizer feature let you manage your startup and IE BHO items with ease, and you can control the programs started with Windows and IE more handy with this feature!
Method Two: Troubleshoot cdlayer3.dll Error Manually.Step One: Download cdlayer3.dll Files with SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the cdlayer3.dll file is corrupted. Restart your PC and see if the problem is resolved.
Step Three: If the cdlayer3.dll missing error still persists, I recommend you run a SFC. In most cases, SFC will chect out the corrupted cdlayer3.dll system files for you, and fix it directly.
How to Perform a SFC?
SFC is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Once system files is missing or damaged, your PC may not operate as well.
To do this, follow these steps: (Windows 7 or Windows Vista)
1. Click "Start" Button, and type CMD in the searching box. Right-click "CMD", then run as administrator.
2. Type sfc /scannow and press "Enter" button
3. After the process is finished, you may receive one of the following messages:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. (It indicates that you don't have corrupted windows files.)
- Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. (In this situation, you had better do a system restore.)